Rules go here
Otherwise called "Action Points" in the D20SRD.
Wyrd is the flow of edge, luck, kismet, psychic power, or supernatural insight possessed by a character. All PC's have Wyrd; only some NPCs do.
Wyrd may be spent as a free action to:
- Boost dice rolls with action dice (see table below). This can be for any D20 roll or damage roll. You may roll naturally first, then decide whether to spend Wyrd, but you must decide before opposed rolls are compared. When at high enough character level to have more than 1D6, roll the indicated dice and take the highest.
- Boost Defense by +2 for a number of rounds equal to those rolled on the action dice table below.
- Activate a Threat – turn a threat into a Critical.
- Escape death – stabilize wounds automatically.
- Heroic Feat – Use one Feat that you do not have, but otherwise qualify for (all prerequisites), one time.
- Reuse Feat – Reset the reuse time on one Feat, used immediately.
- Surge – gain one extra Action. This may enable you to sprint and attack, or move and Full Attack.
- Extend FX powers – some supernatural Feats let you spend Wyrd to enhance FX powers (Psi, Theurgy, etc)
- Use FX powers – Some FX powers require a Wyrd point to operate.
- Heroic FX – Spend one Wyrd to use a FX power that you do not have but otherwise qualify for.
- Add a minor narrative plot point. (we will work on a cost table for this)
|Character Level||Action Dice|
|1 – 7||1D6|
|8-14||2D6 (choose highest)|
|15+||3D6 (choose highest)|
Wyrd may also be permanently burned. Burn Wyrd permanently to:
- Add a major narrative plot point (we will work on a cost table for this)
- Miraculously avoid death
Some Artifacts may require Wyrd to be committed into them to function. We will discover these as we go.
Maximum Wyrd pool is 5 + ( 1/2 character level – round up) for most PCs.
Characters with the Wyrd feat gain Wyrd equal to the Attribute bonus of their first Path or Canon. They do not otherwise gain Wyrd beyond the 1/2 point per level, nor gain Wyrd again if they take another Class with the Wyrd feat.
Wyrd starts full at the beginning of an adventure. It regenerates at a rate of 1 per day.
An excellent description of an action may gain 1 Wyrd point, which may go above the max. (Think 3-dot stunt)
Tentatively, accomplishing big story objectives may add permanent Wyrd. Experiencing miracles also may. Some Artifacts may store Wyrd, as well.
Until we have the costs nailed down, here's a rough idea what a narrative point Wyrd cost might be like. (super extremely tentative)
- Spend 1 – Hint about the ongoing story. Like the "common sense" type of Feat.
- Spend 1 – Find an ally in an unexpected place.
- Spend 2 – Stunt in a rescue party of NPCs – cavalry rides to the rescue.
- Burn 1 – Find a unique vehicle or piece of gear.
- Burn 5 – Find a functioning, well-appointed starship.
- Burn 10 – Find a hypertech heroic starship.
(( We might not even do the narrative spend/burn at all. The intent is to have a way for FX characters to hoard up power, and let the non-FX characters accumulate cool exotic stuff that enhances their character story in a supernatural universe. As always, story trumps shopping. ))
Classes are basically pulled from Fading Suns.
Classes imported from D20 Modern do not gain the Defense bonus – that is handled by the +1 per 3 levels. (we can replace that with something else – I propose bonus skill points)
|Circumstance||Primary Hand||Off Hand|
|Off-hand is Light||-4||-6|
|2-weapon fighting Feat||-4||-4|
|Offhand Light+2WF Feat||-2||-2|